Grace Anglican Churches Camden Valley | Trainer: Karen Lawson-Smith
Two years ago, I moved to the South West of Sydney (near Campbelltown) from the Sutherland Shire and have been attending Grace Anglican Churches in the Camden Valley. This year, I will be doing an MTS (Ministry Training Strategy Apprenticeship) there. This means I’ll be an Apprentice at Grace for two years and will be serving in various different ways including kids and women’s ministries, as well as reading the bible with people one to one. The goal of this is to be trained and tested for full-time gospel ministry, which includes growing in godly character, gospel convictions and ministry competency.
I have been convicted about the need for gospel workers to go out and share the good news of Jesus, and I would like to work in a church or similar setting one day. This traineeship is a good way to test whether I am suited to such a role.
To find out more and to partner with me, please click the button “Support Heather Priestley” above!
Financially, thanks to my partners I have enough money to support me for the two years of my apprenticeship. Praise God!
Please also find some current prayer points below, these will be included in my next prayer newsletter which you can sign up to recieve:
- Please join me in thanking God for his generous provision of the finances I need to do this two year ministry apprenticeship.
- For giving me the time to rest when I was sick, and the ability to still watch and learn from God’s word through online recordings of the MTS G8 conference.
- For good communication between Karen and I, as I navigate what it looks like to be a trainee, and for her what it looks like to train me.
- Trust in God and patience as I get used to a job that is not “9-5pm”!
- Building new relationships with particularly women, kids and youth at church and in the community, as well as strengthening those I already have with people!