Lower Mountains Anglican Parish | Trainer: David Swan
I am currently living in Glenbrook with my wife Imogen, our puppy Evie and our baby on the way. I enjoy going for runs, listening and playing music with no particular skill, playing video games, and exploring beachy or bushy places. I enjoy a good coffee and a good burger, but not at the same time.
While I continue working as a Youth Worker at Fusion Western Sydney 2 days a week, I will be spending the rest of my working time employed as a Ministry trainee for my church community. I will be involved in running and serving in ministries alongside structured training and mentoring by experienced believers. The purpose of this is twofold: To develop my skills and wisdom in ministry through hands-on experience and training; and to allow the experience to inform myself along with my family if a future in vocational ministry is our calling.
My desire in this role is not for myself, but to be of service to the Gospel for others to the glory of God.
My particular responsibilities at this stage will involve:
- Leading a small group at our “Young Adults Hub”
- Leading our Sunday Morning youth ministry “Crossfire” (Years 6-8)
- Serving at “Let’s Go! (Jesus Club)” an inclusive ministry for adults with an intellectual disability
- Leading and serving at our many Sunday services, as well as the miscellaneous events and needs of our church community
Now I am writing to make a request.
Will you partner with me in this work?
I need people:
- Praying for me (and my family as they grow and support me)
- Encouraging me and checking in
- Partnering with me in my ministry
- Financially supporting me (use the link below!)
My support-raising target is $20,000 per annum. Continuing my work with Fusion will not only equip me with skills in working with diverse communities, but will also provide financial stability and reduce the amount of money I need to support my family as I do my ministry traineeship.
Would you partner with me in this important work?
- Please pray as Imogen and I have our firstborn, that mum and baby will be safe during the birth and that we adjust to the change with abundant love and patience.
- Pray that God will give me the capacity to learn and be equipped to greater love and serve my church community in a way that points the love that is found in Christ.
- Pray that I can manage my time and mental space well as I juggle MTS with my other employment as a Youth Worker for Fusion Western Sydney.
- Pray for those I minister to and minister with, that our efforts will not be in vain but that God will grant us fruits from our labor for the salvation of God’s chosen for his Glory.